Hargeisa, Somaliland

360 view of Hargeisa

1 Like

Too many people and cars in the city centre.

1 Like

What’s the story with that hotel? It’s been at that stage of construction for a long time.

I am not too sure why it is taking this long. I think it is in its 5th year now?

This building is personally owned by CEO of Telesom. Probably he doesn’t want to sell his shares rather wants to finance it from his salary and profits only. hmm

If true, then that is the mentality that we as a nation need to break free from. He could have financed it all through a loan by Telesom as a company and by now this investment could have been generating money to repay that loan.

Yeah truly sad if that’s the case. Everyday its not watertight, the building is taking a beating from the elements, water, wind, UV light. I thought maybe they were waiting for an international chain to lease it and do it up to their standard. Could be one of the most iconic hotels in the peninsula if done right! Hope they don’t do aluminium cladding on the outside, like they do with every hotel in Hargeisa.

Hargeisa Cafe & Game Center
E9k11yBX0AMHNt7
E9k11x_X0AYSU8d
E9k15tbWEA0ehve

E9k15tYWEA8YFo2
E9k15tdWUAE44pN

1 Like

It has come a long way.

1 Like

Scenic Drive East Hargeisa

1 Like

1 Like

What a world of difference a bit of water makes to the visual aesthetics of a city!

1 Like

Finally.

For 30 years we have neglected two of society’s most important social-economic centres which are centres for Performance Arts (Ruwaayad, arts etc) and sporting events.

1 Like