Historic SNM pictures

Dr Hassan Ali Mire, Ahmed M. M. Siilaanyo, Mohamed F. Jimaale, Col Gorgor, Mohamed I. Baribari, Amb Muse I. Farax, Amb Seed, Ismail X. Warsame, Gayte A. Osman, Ali Odawa & Mohamed Nur.

The source of this photo date it to Sep 1987. I have reservations about the date. But lets assume that he is correct.

Do you guys have the background history to this meeting?

What prompted Muj. Ahmed M.M. Siilaanyo to meet with a dying organisation like the SSDF? when we know the previous 3 Chairmans of the SNM refused.

Muj. Ahmed Mohamed Mohamoud Siilaanyo welcomes General Mohamed Farah Aided to Hotel Ganad (SNM HQ in Addis Abeba). Circa 1989
From Right to Left: Dr. Gaboose, Prof. Buubaa, Gen. Mohamed Faarah Aided (USC founding memember), Ahmed Mohamed Mohamoud Siilaanyo, and Mohamed Warsame Kiimiko (USC founding member)

In this meeting, SNM accepted Gen. Aided’s request for arms and access to SNM’s training grounds.

1 Like

EkTRmBoWAAY21b2
Hargeisa Stadium -Demobilisation of the SNM melitia, Circa 1993.

1 Like

London Declaration of a new armed movement “Somali National Movement” with the aim of toppling Somalia’s dictator Mohamed Siyad Barre.

From Right: Saeed Abdullahi, Hassan Adan Wadidid, Abdisalan Yasin Mohamed, Ahmed Duqski, Mohamed Hashi.

1 Like

SNM Chairman and first Somaliland Administration, Abdirahman Ahmed Ali (Tuur) and his wife Kinsi Xaaji Basbaas.

South African Mercenaries hired to bomb Hargeisa in 1980s.

1 Like

You would think it would be easy to hunt these men down.

1 Like

2 Likes

SNM in Saylac

2 Likes

2 Likes

They’re always on the same side of the picture lol.

2 Likes

From top left to bottom. Bobe Yusuf Duale, Mahamed Hashi Diriye (Lihle), Mahamud Mahamed Hayd (Duliye Hayd) and Abdullahi Askar in Harar also known as Adari.

2 Likes

2 Likes

SNM Conference in Harar 1983 “SNM baa Guul Leh, Geerina Afweyna leh”

2 Likes

Mujaahid Maxamed Koosaar iyo Mujaahid Axmed Maxamed Sigtiin Allah Ha u Naxariisto labadoodaba, Sukusukudii Maxamed Koosaar, meeshu waa Banka Gumburaha hiladii 1989.

2 Likes

One of the most revered commanders in the SNM Muj. Mohamed Haji Muse (Haragwaafi)

2 Likes

:camera_flash: Hamish Wilson.

“I joined the SNM liberation forces to enjoy freedom while making my tea” - Muj Shaqale.

2 Likes