Maydh Fishing Jetty (Dekeda)

1 Like

This is great news. A game changer for Sanaag/Eastern regions in terms of economic and trade.

1 Like

I agree, but they must do somthing about that Tabca road its ASAP.

Two of the most scenic routes on the planet , Tabca road and Sheekh Road! Sadly neglected too long, but with SDF 2 should get rehabilitated.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Hopefully a catalyst for kickstarting Sanaag’s blue economy.

1 Like

1 Like

They building it right where the old one was. I thought they would move it a little bit outside the town, so it has a bigger area for storage and future growth.

Exactly what I was thinking just as you posted it. Must be a sensitive issue to the inhabitants, and also the land surrounding that shoreline is probably owned by people for kilometres on either side. Just looking at the last pic there is not much space for cars to traverse once they get onshore.

I thought I heard in their presentation last December that cars would be able to get on the jetty but from how close the pilings are to each other it looks narrow. Time will tell!

Either way the pace is very impressive.

1 Like

Yes, they said that it will be 6m wide enough for one truck to drive through at a time, plus a space for people to walk.

I think at the very end it will form a T shape which is a little bit wider for trucks to make a U-turn.

This video clarifies there is gonna be another line of piling to go with the two lines we see in the picture!

1 Like