Somaliland Taxation

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

This should be automated with regards to Zaad and eDahab transactions.

Both Zaad and eDahab should submit a report to the Finance Minister about all transactions done on their services for all business accounts.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jr0Cf9pEklc

1 Like

This move alone will help boost the coffers by at least 20% - 30% in local tax.

Does this include remittance side?

I don’t think so. It is only Mobile usage (i.e. voice/data) and Mobile money purchases.

I also do not think consumer to consumer Zaad transfer. Just Consumer to Zaad Business transfers.

Minister of Finance Hon. Dr. Saad Ali Shire accompanied with his assistant minister Hon. Rhoda Jama Elmi attended a high-level meeting to discuss GST Tax collection enhancement skills on Hotels in Hargeisa.

The treasury invited 66 Hotel proprietors to a meeting that it seeks to implement new sweeping changes to increase revenue generation. The finance ministry wants to initiate a progressive policy to tax Hoteliers on the Goods and Services they provide their customers.

1 Like

1 Like

From that receipt they are selling the USD at 8572 shillings. The Exchanger Fee is 2.5%

Nairobi

$6 USD for a Cuppa. And $10 dollars for 1 Samosa. And 30% Tax + other charges.

Nairobi must be a very expensive city.

Hotels are always extortionate compared to normal cafes in the west too, just shocked at the other charges plus tax people are able to absorb!

1 Like